Sunday, July 19, 2026

The Fall of Wolfsbane by Jon Cronshaw, A Book Review


 This is a story made into a series with a lot of twists, turns, and unexpected action that keeps you turning the pages for the battle outcomes, character connections, and story resolutions. I enjoyed the story, the characters, and even the not-so-nice ones.

The era setting is also one, with swords, daggers, castles, and a little magic that brings a very different reality to life that the reader can immerse themselves in for a little vacation from the norm.

The book’s ending is a ‘must read the next one’ tide pulling you out to the next book, so you can return to the comfortable new reality and find out what else happens. Yes, I did just that. I am now on the third book as I am writing this review.

There are some issues with flow or story holes: I had a clear sense of what was happening to each character as I was reading, but then something is stated that creates a whole different scene for that one character. I backpedal, thinking I missed a passage or something, but no, I didn’t. So, I just accept the new view and keep moving. Other than that, this is a well-written, detailed, and sagacious story.

I would recommend this book to any parent looking for a great adventure, with a fairly clean discourse. I gave this 5 out of 5 stars for being clean and well-written, and a good-paced story. How anyone can give this story a 1,2, or even 3 stars is outside of my comprehension unless they were expecting something beyond the age group it was intended. What an unfair shot to the author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment