Sunday, July 26, 2026

Closure By Charles Brass, A Book Review


 This was not my type of story, but it is listed on Amazon as contemporary fantasy, so that is what I had expected. I feel this is more of a horror, paranormal book. The story is darker and grittier than usual and depicts disturbing sequences, albeit without ill intent. It just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Aside from that, the story read well, with no skips or holes, and was creative to a degree beyond the norm. The characters were described well enough to get a sense of their being, but none of them grabbed me to fight for or against. The deep emotion did not connect for me.

I’d like to say this was a new area of work to read for me. I am not compelled to try another, though. For those who like darker tales, you may enjoy this story. I could only give this 4 out of 5 stars because I believe it is in a category not correctly representative of its nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment