Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Her Latest Disappearance by Jacie Middlemann, A Book Review


There are eight books in this story, but it should have been only one. I don’t know why it was split into eight. That said, I read all of them; mind you, the shortest one was only 38 pages long.

The story is interesting, mostly, but the characters' interaction, not just dialogue, was too simplistic to hold my interest. They overthought, or the author overexpressed their thoughts and maybe personalities, which seemed to draw a curtain over the words that I didn’t want to lift. I felt it made them sound ridiculous instead of well-experienced, expert, and intelligent beings I think the author was trying to convey.

Next, even though the story keeps you turning the pages with its paced disclosures of new facts to support finding the whole picture of what was going on, the final facts missed the mark for me. I never did get the reveal that closed the book. I thought I missed something, but going back, I still didn’t have the answers I wanted.

Hence why I could only give this four stars out of five. It’s a mystery that keeps you reading, but if you need concrete information to close it, I am not sure you will find it here, or maybe it’s just me. The story was still interesting anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment