This was a quick
read. A story that’s based on a victim of domestic violence no longer having
the normal, so-called protection in a functioning society due to an event,
possibly global, that cuts the power, phones, and electronics. I say ‘so called’
because the protections offered in normal life are not even close to real
protection for these victims. Anyway, the story is written to feel like you are
in it with them. Looking over your shoulder, not trusting anyone, walking
softly, quietly, observing everything. Crazy, and yet so real.
The characters are
tuned to the current situation they are in. Few references are made to their
past lives or their future goals. The present details and what is happening occupy
their minds and actions almost 100 percent. So you can’t predict too much but
wonder just the same. That does not bring me into their world to know,
understand, or hope for them greater than the situation they're in.
The story was
interesting, and one of the reviews made me wonder whether the reviewer had even
read the book. None of what they said was true; it was just one of those people
posting a low rating for their fun. It’s sad when I see that.
There were times when
I had to go back and reread a part because I thought I had missed something. I
didn’t; the story just skipped information. Not vital information, but for the
flow, it was needed.
If you like psychological
thrillers, you will like this story. Except for the skips, it was well done.
But because of the skips, I could only give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment